Monday, June 25, 2012

Learning New Strategies

Alright, so I'm just about to finish wrapping up another scene. A few announcements I have include new strategies, technology, and status.

I've recently figured out how to make animating scenes faster. What I first do is storyboard the scene, a MUST when it comes to animation, and after I do that, I need to draw all of the character poses first. Then I'll go into the animation process. Originally I'd just draw the pose, animate it, draw the next one, and so on. It takes longer to do that than you would think. So my that's how I'm doing my new strategy. Plus with those poses done, I'm going to reuse them of course and then I can just throw them on for the next scene, making it even faster.

Next up is having to purchase more technology. With all of the graphics programs, animation programs, video editing, etc., I need a much better computer. What's even worse is I'm using a pretty old computer at the moment. I've gotten some jobs that are helping me save money for the new computer and it's surprisingly working fast. The only thing is I also have to buy more programs in order to completely finish episode 1, in which my mom agreed she'd pay for if I bought my new computer (which is more expensive). It won't be too long, probably within next month or August I'll have enough money.

Lastly, the status of the show is I'm not exactly sure how far I am; I just know that I'm past five minutes. Scenes are going to go much faster now that I tried this new idea. For the past month I've been working on the same scene, and within tonight I made every remaining pose. So that scene will be finished tomorrow or the day after, which might have taken a month longer had I not changed my animating ways.

Basically my main goal is improving speed of the show. Also, I have a short animation that will be made after I finish episode 1, so that should be fun. It has nothing to do with a reality show, but it does use the same characters. You'll understand what I mean when I make it.

This summer has definitely been a lot more productive than last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment